Consortia of DLA Piper, Navigant and Trectebel Engie is awarded by European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) to support the Implementation of Renewable Energy Auctions in Kosovo. One of the key objectives of this project is to develop a detailed design for a competitive bidding process for supporting renewable energy and strengthen the overall legal and regulatory framework for a competitive bidding process for the procurement of Renewable Energy.
Optima Energy Consulting is sub-contracted by DLA Piper to assist in the implementation of renewable energy auctions in Kosovo. By sharing the knowledge of the local market, and with the right expertise, Optima will assist in the following tasks;
- Review existing legislation and materials related to ongoing reforms;
- Develop a detailed recommendation for the design of RE auctions;
- Institution, regulatory and financing arrangements for the support counterparty entity;
- Development of all the auction documentation required for a solar PV auction and wind auction;
- Provide authorities with detailed technical, financial, and legal assistance for the implementation of the auction;
- Develop a framework for a future RE auction.